Druss Blog

An account of my attempts to try and improve my chess.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Over 1100 now

Another week and up to 1130, so that's past the 1100 mark and I have completed 161 out of 266 in the last section. So only 105 to go and I've finished my first circle. But it's getting harder, I've completed the 40s and these last 105 are all 50s and above.

I don't think I'm going to complete my first circle before I go on holiday. After only completing 54 in the last week it doesn't look good for finishing up by Friday. I haven't been putting in as much time as normal, partly because I've been dodging terrorist bombs - I live and work in central London - but also because I've got a bit bored after my big push over the two weeks previously. Oh well, it would have been nice to have wrapped it up before my break.

On the plus side I completed a 50 this morning in no time at all. The solution just seemed to leap out the board at me, a nice six move checkmate with a couple of sidelines. So I'm definitely improving. I keep worrying about the seventh circle though - how can it be possible to do all these problems in a couple of days? I've been at this for weeks now and I've not even managed to do everything once. Probably a bit counterproductive thinking like this. Must stop and just focus on this first circle.

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Good luck finishing before Friday.

I've noticed that as Knights approach the 6th and 7th circles, they usually have no problem, because by that time they have adjusted their problem set so that it is managable. For instance, very few Knights go past the level 50 problems. Others, like myself, are picking easier tactical training software because CT-Art is above my level.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home