Druss Blog

An account of my attempts to try and improve my chess.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Past the 1000 mark!

As of this morning, I've completed 1012 problems (out of 1216) in my first circle (out of 7). I'm very pleased that I passed the 1000 mark! Only 204 to go, so the end of this first circle now seems in sight.

That also means I did 140 in the last week, getting my average of 20 per day above my target of 16 for the first time.

I did put in a big effort last week, I made sure I plugged away every evening. Although I don't think I'll be able to sustain that pace going forward.

I am on to the final section though - 16: Conjunction of Tactical Methods. Seeing solutions is getting easier as well - sometimes they now jump out at me, and I'm certainly solving them more quickly.

Will I be able to speed this up considerably for subsequent circles? If not, this whole exercise is going to take a long, long time. Still, I'm positive about it all at the moment. I'm making progress, and the end of the first circle is in sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home