Druss Blog

An account of my attempts to try and improve my chess.

Monday, August 22, 2005

2nd circle progress

I've been running nicely through my second circle over the last week - I've now finished all the 10s and I'm almost half way through the 20s. 230 completed so far, so that's over 200 in the last week. Although it is all the easy ones!

Two thoughts:

- Tackling all the problems in strict priority of levels is easier, although I still think going through the tactical grouping for the first circle is worth it. I might really slow down when I hit the difficult ones though.

- I'm definitely improving. Solutions just spring into my head sometimes, and when they don't it is easier to calculate. I'm better at seeing more moves ahead as well and analysing an alternative through to a conclusion. Also, I tend to focus down more on practical candidate moves - although I'm still not sure exactly how I select these in the first place ... I feel like it is a memory recall of patterns.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

For my circles, I plan on going slowly through once by theme, and then again slowly randomly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home