Druss Blog

An account of my attempts to try and improve my chess.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Progress update

Getting close to finishing the 30s.

I was going to post this a couple of days ago, but work has been hectic and I haven't had a chance until now. It is amazing how my chess deteriorates when I'm stressed out because of work. It has really gone to pot recently.

Anyway, as of Monday I have completed 576 problems in total in my second circle, which is 125 in the last week. Steady progress, and a pleasing amount. And I have completed 179 out of the 221 level 30 problems, so in the final stages. I've almost reached the half way mark in my second circle, and it will be interesting to see how I progress through the more difficult problems in the second half.

Based on how quickly I completed my first circle, and how I'm now progressing through the second, I'd say that I'm running at about half the speed of MDLM. My second circle will take about as long as his first did - 9 weeks - and my first circle took about 18 weeks. Should I try and make up the time? Or maybe perform an eighth additional circle? Or maybe continue on through all seven at this half pace?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home