Druss Blog

An account of my attempts to try and improve my chess.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tangible progress at last!

I have been beating my chess computer more regularly now. This game was the latest and I won as white against it on level 3:














This browser is not Java-enabled.


The computer doesn't have that high regard for its king safety!

It has taken me 20 years to beat this chess computer. I had progressed in my chess ability as a kid until I tried playing this machine, and failed to get close to winning, as I described on my first blog post

So I'm really pleased. This tactical training has paid off. It has allowed me to play a sharper game against this computer without blundering. Computers aren't so tough when you don't fall foul of their tactical shots.

Fritz doesn't really like 9 h3 though!

8 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger DreadPirateJosh said...

excellent game!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

A computer that plays Alekhine's defense? What kind of computer is it? Good game by the way.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

By the way, you can make those embedded games look larger if you want, without ruining your blog. I found out how.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

Very nice game, and extremely nice attack. Alekhine's defense seems like a poor choice for the computer as an opening. It keeps lots of pieces on the board making it harder for it to evaluate. In all the clutter, it didn't realize it's king was in jeapordy. Cool.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger King of the Spill said...

Nice tactical finish!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger St. Patzer said...

Nice finish !

Do you know what ELO the computer is playing at BTW.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Maybe it's time to upgrade?:)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Jeff Melton said...

In the spirit of the idea you've mentioned before that tactical possibilities are all over the place in chess: 14 Ng5! (threatening, for example, 15 Nxf7 Kxf7 16 e6+) wins immediately. Qc7 followed by Rd8 was not a good choice by the computer.

I don't think I would have seen this had I not been messing around with CT-Art the last couple of months!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home